Born on April the 7th, 1966 in Lamego, Pedro Tavares embraced the music world at the age of 15 by joining the “Ordem de São Francisco Xavier”.
He then continued his training in music theory and piano at the Regional Conservatory in Loures. A year goes then by and when he was only 16 he joined the Santo António dos Cavaleiros Choir as tenor under the conduction of maestro José Rocha.
In 1985, at the age of 19, a new project arises and Pedro joins the National theatre of S. Carlos, Lisbon where he attended vocal education classes under the guidance of Professor and Conductor Cortes Medina, with whom he worked with for 9 years.
Worth noting events he has been involved in:
- Beethoven's 9th Symphony together with the resident Choir of the National theatre of S. Carlos
in Lisbon, at the Monastery of Jerónimos for the celebration of 500 years of Luso-Nipponese
- Several performances during the "Music month" at Almada city
- Element founder of the cast of "Bianca Fiore"
- Special performance on the show "Before and After" at Trindade theatre
- Performances, as an integral part of "The World's Classics"
- Promotion of the Opera through the project "Opera at School"
As a soloist in the PSP Symphonic Band, we highlight the following concerts:
- Music House in Oporto city
- Theatre Camões
- Municipal Theatre in Bragança city
- Municipal Theatre in Aveiro city
- Municipal Theatre in Portimão city
- Theatre Luísa Todi
- Centro Cultural de Belém
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
Pedro Tavares dominates perfectly, the Spanish language since lived for some years in Venezuela. Currently, Pedro Tavares, in addition to continuing to perform in public at the most varied events for which he is invited to sing, is working on a new solo project, with themes in Portuguese.
We can enjoy all his art, on Fridays, at the Hotel "Vila Galé Ópera", in Lisbon, from 21:30h to 22:30h.
Now that you know a little of the artistic journey of this Tenor, let yourself be enchanted by its magnificent interpretations.
Determined in investing in his musical career, attended in 2001 a Master Class Corner at the Professional School of Music Almada City, conducted by Professor Helmut Lips and for one full year he had classes with Professor Anabela Duarte to further improve his lyrical singing skills.
In 2002, he attended a workshop on Gregorian Chant organized by the Music School of Évora and in 2003 he was invited to join the Portuguese Police Symphonic Band by head conductor at the time - Ernesto Esteves.
In 2003, Pedro Tavares joined the Police Symphonic Band, when he was invited by the Subintendent Ernesto Esteves, the titular conductor at the time.
Some remarkable concerts of his extensive experience as an opera singer:
- Auditorium Beatriz Costa (Mafra)
- Auditorium Casa do Alentejo
- Auditorium Ramo Grande (Açores - Praia da
- Auditorium Municipal de Gijón (Astúrias)
- Theatre Maria Matos
- Municipal Theatre - Algés
- Theatre S. Luís
- Theatre Trindade
Copyright © 2017 By Pedro Tavares. All Rights Reserved